Laramie, Wyo. – Laramie County Community College Bailey Brown won the Break Away event at the University of Wyoming Rodeo this past weekend with an average of 4.8 on two runs. Her victory helped the women's team capture second place at the event. Konnar Knotwell had a strong performance in the Break Away and tied for third with a time of 6.0 on two runs.
Tate Mathis led the men's side with a fourth place finish in the Steer Wrestling with an average 11.8 on two. The men came in 7th over the weekend and both teams finished fourth in the Central Rocky Mountain Region standings.
Austin Hurlburt finished second in the All-Around standings and will head to the College National Finals Rodeo June 11-16th. He was first in the Tie-Down Roping standings and 10th in the Steer Wrestling.
- Bailey Brown won the Break Away Roping with an average 4.8 on two runs.
- Konnar Knotwell placed third in the Break Away Roping with an average 6.0 on two.
- Tate Mathis recorded fourth in the Steer Wrestling with a time of 11.8 on two runs.
- Caydee Johnson secured sixth in the Goat Tying with an average of 17.1 on two runs.
- Austin Hurlburt took seventh in the Steer Wrestling with a time of 15.2 on two runs.
- Brock Belkham roped eighth in the Tie-Down with an average 30.7 on two runs.
- Justin Dory wrapped up 9th in the Saddle Bronc with a long-go score of 70.
- Rance Johnson came in 10th in the Steer Wrestling with a time of 107.1 on two.